3 December 2021
Christmas Concerts on Thursday 9th and Friday 10th December
As you will have noted in the Friday update, we have had to make the very difficult decision to cancel this year’s Carol Service at Durham Cathedral. However, we feel that the Christmas Concerts scheduled for Thursday 9th and Friday 10th December can still go ahead.
We have taken the following actions already to help to ensure everyone’s safety and well-being:
- We will hold the concert over two nights, as opposed to one, with four performances over those two nights.
- We have made sure that the school hall is not at full capacity for any of the performances. A maximum of 140 tickets have been sold for each concert. For information, we would normally sell 270 tickets for each of the concerts.
- We will make sure that the hall is well ventilated prior to each performance. It might be sensible on that basis to wear layers that can be removed as needed.
We would ask all those parents and carers attending to follow a similar approach to those attending concerts or theatre performances at present.
- Seating is unreserved. When you enter, please be mindful of others and aim to keep some distance, where possible, from other groups/ families. We will make seating available next to the entrance for those with a disability or mobility issue.
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt) when entering the school building and during the concert. We encourage students and visitors to wear a face covering in enclosed and crowded spaces where people come into contact with people they don’t normally meet. Pupils will be encouraged to wear face coverings when they are not performing.
- Please wait outside the building at the end of the concert if you are collecting your child, and if you are attending the 7.30 performance, please don’t arrive before 7.15 p.m.
- If possible, please complete a LF Test before attending the concert, and do not attend and to seek a PCR test if you test positive.
Music is an integral part of the school’s cultural life and our talented musicians deserve an audience. We hope you understand the reasons why we are assessing risk in this way and that you will still be keen to attend and to join us for our Christmas celebration.
Mr O’Sullivan Mr Holmes
Headteacher Subject Leader, Music