Year 7 Starters
School place offers are sent out by Durham County Council on March 1st each year.
Please note that the school has no control or influence over the allocation of places.
If you have been offered and accepted a place for September 2023, the tabs above outline some specific information relevant to new intake Year 7s. For more general information, we recommend that you explore the ‘Pastoral Care’ section of our website, which offers a comprehensive overview of life at Durham Johnston Comprehensive School, and the 'Learning' menu, which covers information about our subjects and curriculum.
Update April 2023
We were delighted to see so many of our September 2023 starters at our welcome evening. Below is a reminder of the next steps of the Induction Process.
If you need to contact us in this period, please use email@example.com.
- April-May 2023 - Completion of Common Admissions Form (link will be sent directly via email).
- May 2023 - Transition visits commence.
- May-July 2023 - Additional visits for those pupils who may require additional support.
- July 2023 - Induction day, Friday 7th July 2023 - replication of a school day with lunch.
- July 2023 - Parents (only) evening Monday 10th July 2023, 6pm. We will discuss Safeguarding, Relationship & Sex Education.
The document below covers a range of information, much of which will support and explain the consents requested in the Common Admissions Form.
Please click the link below to read a letter sent to parents and carers of students who have accepted a place with us for Year 7 in September 2023.