1 February 2019
Dates for your Diary – Spring Term 2019
- Year 12 Parents’ Consultation Evening, Monday 4 February 3.30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m
- Durham Book Fair - Saturday 9 February 10.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m.
- Year 9 Options Information Evening for parents/carers and pupils, Monday 4 March 3.30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
- Year 10 Parents’ Consultation Evening, Monday 11 March 3.30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
- Year 9 Parents’ Consultation Evening, Monday 25 March 3.30 p.m. – 6.00 p.m.
- Spring Half Term week, Monday 18 to Friday 22 February 2019 (term ends on Friday 15 February and resumes on Monday 25 February)
- Easter holidays – Monday 8 April to Monday 22 April 2019 (terms ends on Friday 5th April and resumes on Tuesday 23 April – 2 weeks and 1 day)
PE Department News
Despite the weather and some cancelled fixtures it has still been a successful week.
On Tuesday our Year 9 Futsal team were due to be competing in the Tyneside Futsal tournament but it was postponed and will now take place on Tuesday 5th February However the Year 7 BASFA Futsal tournament did take place at Bishop Barrington. Our team played very well winning all their matches to qualify for the finals which take place on 27th February.
Another victim of the weather was the Year 8 County rugby finals which were due to take place on Wednesday at Horden RFU – which now be re-arranged.
The U14 Area basketball tournament did go ahead. As well as our boys team we also entered our girls team. It was an excellent night for Durham Johnston as both our boys and girls teams won all their matches to reach the final. The highlight being a 12 victory for our girls over Framwellgate. The boys proved too strong for our girls in the final to qualify for the County finals with a 28 point victory.
Also on Wednesday our Year 11 Futsal team were at Parkside for their BASFA tournament. After an excellent night of competition our Year 11 team won to reach the finals.
This now means that our Year 7, 8, 9 & 11 Futsal teams have all become league tournament champions and qualify for the County finals on 27th February.
Good luck tonight to our Year 7 rugby team who are travelling to Harton for a friendly match.
Finally good luck tomorrow to our cross-country runners who are representing County Durham in an Inter Counties event at Temple Park.
Mr Hopper, Subject Leader for PE
Sixth Form Notice - 4 February 2019
Word of the Week