We are delighted to celebrate the hard work and achievements of the students at Durham Johnston. We also want to acknowledge the support given by our teachers and parents. Exam success is always based upon team work.
GCSE & A LEVEL EXAM RESULTS: 2018
Durham Johnston has a history of academic success. We work effectively with students and parents and this is reflected in our most recent GCSE and A level results.
- 85% of students achieved grades 4-9 in English and Maths
- 66% of students achieved grades 5-9 in English and Maths
- A large number of our students made significant progress, with the overall Progress score being +0.281
- 88% of GCSE grades were awarded 4-9
- 40% of GCSE grades were awarded 7-9
- A large number of our students achieved excellent grades with average attainment of 5.69
- 43.2% of our students were entered for the Ebacc, with an average attainment score per grade of 5.21
|GCSE Results: Headline Figures 2016-2018|
|Percentage of English and Maths graded 4 to 9 (Standard Pass)||78%||76%||85%|
|Percentage of English and Maths graded 5 to 9 (Good Pass)||N/A||58%||66%|
|Average Progress 8||+0.10||-0.01||+0.28|
At A Level:
- 17% of A level grades were awarded A*
- 46% of A level grades were awarded A or A*
- 74% of A Level grades were awarded A* to B.
- 91% of A Level grades were awarded A* to C.
- 32% of students achieved 3+ A*/A grades. Students best three grades as an APS was 43, or an average grade of B+
- A large number of students made progress, with an average progress score of +0.25
- Students achieved an average attainment Average Grade B+.
|A Level Results 2014-2018|
|A * Grades awarded||17%||18%||17%||16%||17%|
|A*/A Grades awarded||49%||44%||47%||44%||46%|
|A*-B grades awarded||73%||78%||76%||77%||74%|
|A*-C grades awarded||91%||91%||94%||91%||91%|
|A*-E grades awarded||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
You can also give us and Ofsted your view of Durham Johnston School by clicking on the link below: